Saturday, November 01, 2003

Why do Indian marriages have so much pomp and show ? Can't two people simply get married without all the jazz ? Is it because in itself the institution called marriage ...

I understand that one day the atheists are going to sue the government because they do not believe in 'In God We Trust'

There are so many crimes in India in the name of religion . Maybe we should think about becoming atheists if the root cause of all these crimes is religion. What is religion anyways ? Somebody told me that it is the path to God and that paths don't matter because we all are walking towards the same goal. I don't see a goal in sight . For many religion is just a matter of convenience. It is like one of those masks. Whenever the situation warrants they go and hide behind one of those masks. A long time back I met a person in Y ! Literati chatrooms and he was telling me about how chemical reactions made the world and that everything is science. I couldn't disagree with that. He was at peace with himself . He does not believe. That's it ! No struggles, no confusion, no pain.

If there be a religion called 'Humanitarianism' I want to adopt it . Will these crimes stop if all of us become atheists ? Naah .. not a chance. I don't think so. If not religion there will be something else. People always want to fight . It is probably the human ego . So much hypocrisy.

'We worship women. They are sacred' .

Makes me laugh .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web sritopia.blogspot.com