Friday, October 24, 2003

I spent a lot of time this morning thinking and writing about emotional violence and psychological scars . I then decided it was time I regained my strength and took the bull by its horns. Psychology and shrinks are overrated.

I was reading 'The Mayor of Casterbridge' by Thomas Hardy and people's reviews on the same. Some people felt that it was very boring and corny. Somehow I was reminded of the school days when this was a mandatory read for the English II course. I read about how the central character Henchard was manipulative and chauvinistic. He sells his wife and child in an auction in a drunken state and feels that his wife was responsible for his selling ! Made me feel angry for sometime. I remember feeling very emotional and angry regarding this during school days too . Maybe it is the power of the novelist. Maybe it is the craziness of my psyche. I somehow think that Henchard, his wife Susan and child Elizabeth Jane all lived in this world once upon a time and that if I had had the power I would have grabbed that Henchard guy by the throat. Some situations really make me very angry ! But then there are all kinds of stupid people around me and I will have to live amongst them for I have this human form . Or I should retreat to the forest and live among animals. Maybe it is not a bad idea after all...

I am looking forward to be able to forget , gaining more mental strength and self confidence by the day ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web sritopia.blogspot.com