Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I think people should take pride in their age, whatever it might be. I am reminded of how Julianne Moore had said that she wouldn't want to hide her age because age brought along with it so many experiences. Why hide all of them ? Why deny having experienced life all these years ? Even though it is easy for me to just say it, I feel one should feel proud of the fact that one is 'so many' years old. This complex seems to affect women a lot more than men. Like the women who want to desperately show off their bodies in those painful thirties. The whole of their attitude is screaming 'Somebody please look at me' ..Like this person at my workplace. She has just resumed her career after a child birth and break. She was supposedly wearing a sleeveless salwar today and I didn't notice it until she lifted off her dupatta when I was talking to her. And I definitely did not want to see those armpits. I was screaming in my mind 'Save it for somebody else'. I am pretty sure that it was done intentionally to show that she is still capable of carrying off a 'sleeveless'. It doesn't bother me whether it is a 'sleeveless' or 'sleevefull'.But it set me thinking. If such were the attitude towards me what would it be towards men ? Pretty easy to understand.

I have learnt a lot about how not to be by observing people.I think women, including myself are a lot insecure. They have this unexplainable need to prove themselves all the time. I have only a fair idea of where this stems from.Maybe even when they are small children, they should be told that what they do does matter and they need not seek approval for what they do. And that they are as good as anybody else.

Or maybe it is just how things are in Venus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web sritopia.blogspot.com