Thursday, February 05, 2004

Oh God ! Please help me find a job !

It is saddening at times...

I should really go and study...some java,some financials, some php , some perl ...


Sometimes I get some doubts about myself. A little bit of this, a little bit of that ...I wish I could do something consistently and say this is my core skill .. here hire me !

I have been sending out enough resumes. I am a little tired. I read something in a website today about how some consulting companies post fake job openings. I learnt it happens everywhere. I have been wanting to rewrite my resume.Sometimes I wish I could write my resume in a small paragraph. Like this one....


I was tossed around in my previous company. Maybe consulting companies do this so that their employees don't find a job elsewhere. I would do 6 months of VB front end and then be shifted to SQL Server, ok I did this for 1.5 years and then I did ASP for three months. Then it was Html and deploying Java code for 10 months. Then came the big change - Oracle Financials for 6 months. Then it was Html/ctrl+C &ctrl +V all the way for 1.5 years. Grabbed a few certifications(MCP,SCJP) on the way. I can communicate well. I don't understand pointers ! I can optimize SQL queries pretty decently. I can troubleshoot any problem really well. I have an Engineering Degree from a very good college. I take problems upon myself and solve. I like to interact with clients and get things done for them. I can do very monotonous tasks like numbering pages(I have done this in my previous company(a very famous one at that !) ) without a sigh !


Will somebody hire me ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web sritopia.blogspot.com